Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DRing
Helper V
Helper V

Anyone distributing a PDF of a report using Power Automate?

I was recently asked to create an automated daily distribution of a report using Power Automate. I've followed instructions I've found online to create this flow in Power Automate, however the PDF attached in the email in blank.

I've asked for help on the Power Automate forums, but very little response there. Figured someone here may have had a similar issue at some point.

Any thoughts on why the PDF is blank?

1.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jianpeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @DRing 

Thanks @amitchandak . Based on your description, I created a Power Automate flow that, in the case of the new version, does send a blank PDF. I got the normal PDF by turning off the new design mode:

New designer:

vjianpengmsft_1-1711544152124.png

Here's the result, a blank PDF is returned:

vjianpengmsft_2-1711544245567.png

In the old design pattern, this was shown in the following image:

vjianpengmsft_3-1711544357455.png

The result is as follows, and the correct PDF is returned:

vjianpengmsft_4-1711544420164.png

You can turn off the New designer feature in the red box in the image. After that, you can get a non-blank PDF.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

If it does not help, please provide more details with your desired output and pbix file without privacy information (or some sample data) .

Best Regards

Jianpeng Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jianpeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @DRing 

Thanks @amitchandak . Based on your description, I created a Power Automate flow that, in the case of the new version, does send a blank PDF. I got the normal PDF by turning off the new design mode:

New designer:

vjianpengmsft_1-1711544152124.png

Here's the result, a blank PDF is returned:

vjianpengmsft_2-1711544245567.png

In the old design pattern, this was shown in the following image:

vjianpengmsft_3-1711544357455.png

The result is as follows, and the correct PDF is returned:

vjianpengmsft_4-1711544420164.png

You can turn off the New designer feature in the red box in the image. After that, you can get a non-blank PDF.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

If it does not help, please provide more details with your desired output and pbix file without privacy information (or some sample data) .

Best Regards

Jianpeng Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.