Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

yusuf-123

Animated Bar Chart Race-how to get the negative numbers to show

Good day,

It's my first post here. I require some assistance please.

I've been using the Customised Animated Bar Chart Race visual, and I have both positive and negative figures (for example Cash Flow per year per Project) to depict. However, this visual doesn't appear to show the negative values (in detail), I have less than 10 items, so no need to adjust for the ranking criteria. 

My query relates to "How do I move the axis as to depict both the positive and negitive values as it flows through the years (period), I need to amend the axis that it doesn't start from 0, but rather to a custom negative value, is this possible".

Thanks & regards, 

2 REPLIES 2
ppm1
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

I tried that visual and don't see an option to set the min value. You could try to normalize your values to hack it, but it might be easier just to use a regular bar chart visual along with the play action slicer.

Pat

Microsoft Employee

Hi Pat,

Thank you for your prompt response, much appreciated. 

Unfortunately this option wouldn't work, as I'm layering 4 different graphics onto 1 page, all of these graphics has the same Legends (Projects A, B, C, D, E, etc), however each graphic would depic rankings of key KPI's, for instance one would show Production/Sales, another would be EBITDA (Earnings) another would be Cash Flow and the last would be valuation.

Hence I would like to see how these metrics rank and progress over time across a broad range of KPI's, so visually a project might have great sales and earnings, but rank much lower on Cash Flow due to Capex profile. 

But anyways, thanks for trying to assist, much appreciated.

regards 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.