Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

shamsuddeenvp
Post Patron
Post Patron

Analyze option (increase/Decrease insight) works only with the dataset fields not with the Measure?

Dear,

Just tried the september update feature increase/decrease insight, noticed that it works only with the data field that is coming from the data source. It doesnt work woth the measure created.

This should work like this or am I doing anything wrong?

Br,

Shams

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @danextian@shamsuddeenvp,

The insight feature is enabled and on by default (you don't need to check a Preview box to enable it) beginning with the September 2017 version of Power BI Desktop.

And following are the considerations and limitations for insights currently.

Considerations and limitations

The following list is the collection of currently unsupported scenarios for insights: - TopN filters - Include/exclude filters - Measure filters - Non-additive measures and aggregates - Show value as - Filtered measures (it’s the new thing we use for scatter chart in insights) - Categorical columns on X-axis unless it defines a sort by column that is scalar. If using a hierarchy, then every column in the active hierarchy has to match this condition - Non-numeric measures

In addition, the following model types and data sources are currently not supported for insights: - DirectQuery - Live connect - On-premises Reporting Services - Embedding

Regards

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @shamsuddeenvp,

Based on test, for some measures with simple calculations(i.e. Total Sales = SUM(Sales[Revenue])) could also work with the new updated feature increase/decrease insight. However, others with complex calculations won't work. Smiley Happy

r2.PNG

Regards

@v-ljerr-msft

How did you enable the Analyze feature? My version of PBI desktop is updated to September release but I can't see this option under preview features:

increase decrease not available.pngnot in preview features.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.

@danextian

Yes, thats the porblem.. it doesnt work with some of the measures, it works if we are using the dataset filed directly.

Br,

Shams

Hi @danextian@shamsuddeenvp,

The insight feature is enabled and on by default (you don't need to check a Preview box to enable it) beginning with the September 2017 version of Power BI Desktop.

And following are the considerations and limitations for insights currently.

Considerations and limitations

The following list is the collection of currently unsupported scenarios for insights: - TopN filters - Include/exclude filters - Measure filters - Non-additive measures and aggregates - Show value as - Filtered measures (it’s the new thing we use for scatter chart in insights) - Categorical columns on X-axis unless it defines a sort by column that is scalar. If using a hierarchy, then every column in the active hierarchy has to match this condition - Non-numeric measures

In addition, the following model types and data sources are currently not supported for insights: - DirectQuery - Live connect - On-premises Reporting Services - Embedding

Regards

danextian
Super User
Super User

Is this feature under preview features? I can't find it. I right clicked on bar in a column chart and there's no analyze increase/decrease option.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.

@danextian

Yea, this is preview feature. It came as september release released day before yesterday.

Br,

Shams

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.