Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Clampazzo
Resolver I
Resolver I

Aggregation Model Date Dimension Help

I have created an aggregation model where I have a Direct Query for my detailed data and an import for month/year data.

Currently I have 2 date dimensions due to this.  One by date level and one by month/quarter/year.  In order for users to hit the aggregation they need to use the month/quarter/year one.  

How can I make it so the users only see one date table and still hit aggregations when they use month/quarter/year from that table?

DateDimension.png

3 REPLIES 3
v-junyant-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Clampazzo ,

By aggregation model, do you mean what is described in this document?
User-defined aggregations - Power BI | Microsoft Learn
If you can, could you please provide me with sample data for these two tables so I can do a test, thanks!

Best Regards,
Dino Tao

Clampazzo
Resolver I
Resolver I

i found this link and attempted #2 and yet that isn't working.  I have manage aggregations pointing to the direct query for that and have joined the new field on the id of the date table.  Yet it's not finding the aggregation.

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/Aggregation-by-month-connect-to-date-dimension/td-...

UPdate, method #2 sort of works.  In that the aggregation is now being followed.  However, if I drill down and try to do this by date and count # of tickets it summarizes everything onto the first of the month.  If I add a detail column it gives me a million record exceeding error.  Which seems due to RLS being performed.  I'm assumign the RLS being performed later in the process is causing me problems.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.