Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Matt_Mohawk
Helper II
Helper II

Advanced Search within Table Visual

Hi,

I am trying to figure out how to search through a table visual for a specific value. The company I work for wants to be able to to keep count of how many times a yarn is used within a given timeframe. I have a Text Search field that will allow me to search for any given value that is entered into the search visual as well. I am not sure what I need to do in order to perform this action. In the pictures I am showing how the data is laid out in Power Query and another picture shows the search field in the top right section of the database and the table that contains the data that will displayed once it finds the correct search criteria.

Any help is appreciated

Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 12.16.20 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-02-11 at 12.39.45 PM.png

2 REPLIES 2
Matt_Mohawk
Helper II
Helper II

@VijayP ,

I have to make sure that the Table view shows up exactly like I have in the 2nd picture. If I unpivot it will put everything to a single column. Would I need to duplicate the table that contains the yarn data and then link the 2 tables together?

VijayP
Super User
Super User

@Matt_Mohawk 
My suggestion is bring all columns (Yarn codes) in single columns using unpivot in Power query
in Power bi report view create slicer all yars and then select any sepecific yarn and you should be able to see the list of specific yarn. For that you donot require a serach box separately. Slicer will do!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
MY Blog || My YouTube Channel || Connect with me on Linkedin || My Latest Data Story - Ageing Analysis

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.