Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding a clickable button to a chart

I have a stacked column chart displaying revenue values by month. My user would like to have a button around the month values at the bottoum of the chart. The months need to look more like a button. Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

Thanks, Mark

6 REPLIES 6
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Anonymous 

Not very clear what you want.

You can check if this sample file helps.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Sujit_Thakur
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Dear @Anonymous ,

What you can do is you can put your buttons on the chart x axis .

And assign buttons action of filtering of month using bookmarks 

If you need more detail please let me know .

Please appreciate with kudos 

And if this helped please accept as solution 

If still having doubt please  tag and reply will give try to help as much as I can 

Regards

Sujit 

@Anonymous without knowing the end goal, it doesn't make sense to provide a solution. What you are trying to achieve? Just adding buttons doesn't explain anything. Read this post to get your answer quickly.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately the slicer values don't stay aligned with the chart so this does not seem to be a solution.

Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous ,

Not quite understood your query.

What kind of action do you want to perform on button?

Well, There is custom visuals called "Chiclet Slicer" or directly use Button option.

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , not very clear. Slicer with horizontal orientation looks like a button

refer

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/power-bi-slicer-filter-responsive

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.