Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

SUMESHKUMAR22
Helper III
Helper III

Add Custom Relative date slicer

Hi Team,

In Urgent Need!

Problem statement:

Request to be able to find Opportunities that haven’t been updated recently. I was thinking that we could accomplish by adding a ‘Before’ option to the “Last Updated Date” filter? The ‘Before’ option would filter records where the “Last Updated Date” value is [x] amount of [days, weeks, months, etc] before the current date. (Refer below Image)

But adding a before in the Relative date is not possible so, Is there feasibility to add this requirement??
Pbix attached hereby.

Test.png 

Thanks in advance:)

3 REPLIES 3
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @SUMESHKUMAR22 ,

If I am understanding your issue, why not just put a filter on the date visual to only get x amount of days before curent date?  That would be just in the filter pane and not "in" the visual but it should do what you want.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

For example, If I'm selecting the before selection with [x = 30] days then it should show up records only where the last updated date is Before 30 days NOT Last 30 days. Hope I'm able to clear that.

Hi @SUMESHKUMAR22 ,

Ok, I think I understand.  So, you will probably need to do a DAX field to get that date range and then use it.  So, it would be something like this (I have not had time to test this but the point is to get the dates in the selected period in your slicer and then get the previous 30 days only).

30DaysOut = CALCULATE(('Table Name'[Field name]),DATESINPERIOD('Date Dim'[Date],NEXTDAY('Date Dim'[Date])-30,DAY))

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.