Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Active Directory user.lastLogon

Hello,

I am trying to convert the active directory user.lastlogon and user.lastlogontimestamp to readable date and times.    The command below which I found on the Internet does not appear to be working for me.

Help!

Last Logon = IF(AD_user[user.lastlogon]>0, (AD_user[user.lastlogon]/8.64*10^11)-109205, DATE(2000,01,01))

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
handrade
Frequent Visitor

Try the following code:

Last Logon = IF( AD_user[user.lastLogonTimestamp] > 0, AD_user[user.lastLogonTimestamp] / 864000000000 - 109205, DATE(2000,1,1) )

Make sure you assign the correct data type and that the default summarization is set to don't summarize. You can select the desired format.

AD_timespan.PNG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
handrade
Frequent Visitor

Try the following code:

Last Logon = IF( AD_user[user.lastLogonTimestamp] > 0, AD_user[user.lastLogonTimestamp] / 864000000000 - 109205, DATE(2000,1,1) )

Make sure you assign the correct data type and that the default summarization is set to don't summarize. You can select the desired format.

AD_timespan.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!!  That did the trick.  

A tip for users, I set the last argument to 9999/01/01 to flag that there is no real last logon data available.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.