Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Hoping
Helper II
Helper II

Access Columns from table created by using the Enter Data on PBI Desktop

I created a Table in PBI Desktop by clicking on "Enter Data" in the Home Tab.

I am trying to create a measure using one the columns in the table created as above.

But I am not sure how to access the columns in the table. Always shows a red squiggly line.

What am I doing wrong ?

1 REPLY 1
Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Hi @Hoping 

If you see that you have a red row of a column header in PQ it means that there are errors in the columns of the table you are basing on, such as an incorrect data type, problems with the date format, etc. (Just like tables that are imported from outside.)

If everything is correct, the table will be uploaded normally to the model like all the others, and you will be able to perform the required actions with it.

For a more accurate explanation according to the specific case, please attach the table you are trying to create or a link to the PBIX file.

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other

members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.