Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

manoj_0911
Advocate II
Advocate II

ACW DurationFormatted Not Showing in Table

Hi All,

My Table Structure:

* I have two relevant fields:
* `Weekday`: Formatted using `FORMAT([IXN_SUBHOUR_DATE],"DDD")`
* `ACW DurationFormatted`: Calculated column using formulas to convert seconds to HH:MM:SS format.

The Problem:

When I drag `ACW DurationFormatted` into the table, it doesn't display for specific weekdays selected in the `Weekday` slicer. Instead, the `Weekday` seems to split with duplicate entries.

Understanding the Issue:

I believe this might be due to how calculated columns interact with slicers and filter context. The `ACW DurationFormatted` column was likely calculated before filtering by weekdays, resulting in entries for all weekdays even after filtering.

Do you have any other suggestions or preferred approaches for this scenario?

manoj_0911_0-1712215415642.png

ACW Hours = INT([ACW_DURATION] / 3600)
ACW Minutes = INT(MOD([ACW_DURATION], 3600) / 60)
ACW Seconds = MOD([ACW_DURATION], 60)

ACW DurationFormatted =
FORMAT([ACW Hours], "00") & ":" &
FORMAT([ACW Minutes], "00") & ":" &
FORMAT([ACW Seconds], "00")

Weekday = FORMAT([IXN_SUBHOUR_DATE],"DDD")

Thanks again for your assistance!
Manoj Prabhakar

1 REPLY 1
v-kaiyue-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @manoj_0911 ,

I don't see any information about [ACW_DURATION] and [IXN_SUBHOUR_DATE] in the image you gave me, are they from different tables from [Weekday], you can check the relationship between the two tables or if there is a column that matches with each other between the result of [ACW DurationFormatted] and [Weekday], if not then there will be a mismatch in the data.

Refer to:

Create and manage relationships in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Many-to-many relationship guidance - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data. We can better understand the problem and help you.

Best Regards,

Clara Gong

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.