Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

DaxPadawan
Helper III
Helper III

A measure for showing the latest value in a date range

In my data (which is on a daily basis), I have a field which is a cumulative sum. So when viewing the data, we care more about viewing the "current level" of the data. 

So for example, if I wanted to look at the data on a daily basis, I would just display the data upfront. 

However, if I were to look at the data on a weekly basis, then I would only want to see the level of the data on Sundays. If monthly, I would want to see the level on the last day of the month. For yearly, obviously the level at Dec 31. 

The best way I assume to implement this would be to have a measure that would dynamically select the latest date available in the selected data range and then return the associated value. Attached below is the kind of visualization we hope to use, so creating a measure for each date breakdown (ex. one measure for weekly, one measure for monthly) isn't really feasible. 

DaxPadawan_0-1698972947919.png

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@DaxPadawan ,

calculate(lastnonblankvalue(Date[Date]), [Measure])

refer closingbalancemonth 

Power BI closingbalancemonth closingbalancequarter closingbalanceyear, lastnonblankvalue- Closing Balance, Distibutre Target: https://youtu.be/yPQ9UV37LOU

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.