Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Teneikan

3 tables, with same columns and rows (only the data differs), on differently named sheets

xa1.png

Hi i have some issues. The criteria I want to filter on is in the "row label", but it currently only filters the data from the month it is in. I do not have a year data at the moment, it looks like this, roughly, within the months (these are the sheets) everything has the same sorting, columns, rows, etc. I am wondering if there is a good solution if I have 3 tables, with same columns and rows (only the data differs), on differently named sheets in excel. Is there any ways to work with these columns so the visualisations will show which sheet they are coming from. To more clear, these are data from a monthly report, so I would like to see which month I am currently working with

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ray_ux
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@Teneikan  ideally if you have a year, you can just pull in from each sheet into a new column and then append them together, just untick the 'enable load' button on the other ones. But this can be easily done, by using the power query editor and use the append function and they'll stack under each other, so in power query you create a new column and name it as "year", just put the year in that column then use the 'append as new table' function

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ray_ux
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@Teneikan  ideally if you have a year, you can just pull in from each sheet into a new column and then append them together, just untick the 'enable load' button on the other ones. But this can be easily done, by using the power query editor and use the append function and they'll stack under each other, so in power query you create a new column and name it as "year", just put the year in that column then use the 'append as new table' function

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.