Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

24 Hour Gantt Chart UTC | How to approach?

Hey folks,

Quick question here. So I have a dataset with 20 employees from around the world. For simplicity sake, fields include: Name, Start time working hours, end time working hours. I want to be able to create a static 24 hour gantt chart view showing when our employees are working within a universal 24 hour window.

I'm not too sure if this is possible, but if anyone has any guidance they could provide here, I'd really appreciate any help that I can get. Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Has your problem been solved ? If it has been solved, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey folks,

Quick question here. So I have a dataset with 20 employees from around the world. For simplicity sake, fields include: Name, Start time working hours, end time working hours. I want to be able to create a static 24 hour gantt chart view showing when our employees are working within a universal 24 hour window.

I'm not too sure if this is possible, but if anyone has any guidance they could provide here, I'd really appreciate any help that I can get. Thank you!

@Anonymous there are many Gantt chart visual available on the app store, did you try any one of those?

Follow us on LinkedIn

Check my latest blog post The Power of Using Calculation Groups with Inactive Relationships (Part 1) (perytus.com) I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey all -

I have a employee dim table with name, start time, end time, and UTC time zone.

We have folks working in the states, west coast, central, eastern, India, Romania, etc.

I want to create a 24 hour x axis Gantt Chart showing when all employees work based on the start and end time fields. How do I configure everything to 24 hour UTC time so I can create this Gantt chart should resource allocation throughout 24 hours? Do I use power query or Dax/power BI to configure this? Do the Gantt visuals allow a 24 hour view?

If anyone has any advice, input, or resources, please provide.

Thank you

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

According to your description, I made a sample file, you need to calculate the duration first.

Original data :

Ailsamsft_0-1630906250508.png

(1)Then create a column to count the duration between the two time .

Duration = DATEDIFF('Table'[Start time working hours],'Table'[end time working hours],MINUTE)

(2)Add a Gantt chart , put 'Table'[Name] in Task, 'Table'[Start time working hours] in Start Date , 'Table'[Duration] in Duration .

Ailsamsft_1-1630906250513.png

(3)Change the format settings for the Gantt chart .We use MINUTE as unit in calculated column ,so we should change the unit in General ,and change the date type to Day in Date Type .

Ailsamsft_2-1630906250540.pngAilsamsft_3-1630906250540.png

I have attached my pbix file ,you can refer to it .

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.