Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Lorenski
Frequent Visitor

100% stacked bar/column chart - sort by percentage

I know this has been posted several times, and I've tried numerous Google searches.  But am still failing to get the result I desire.

Like many others, I need a 100% stacked bar/column chart to be sorted by the good percentage.  I have a bunch of work centers (machines) that are being monitored.  On one graph, I have the count of good vs scrap parts.  Then on another graph, I have the percentage of good vs scrap.  I want to sort by work center/machine with the highest percentage of good parts.  So far, I've been unable to accomplish this.

Here's my current percentage chart:

Lorenski_0-1656610634980.png

Here is the current count chart (This is what I want the percentage chart to look like! Highest percentage of good/green at the left):

Lorenski_1-1656610087457.png

And here is my data table this is coming from (I added the % column myself, when I was reading other threads/videos & trying to make this sort correctly):

Lorenski_0-1656610732094.png

Thank you in advance for any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
otravers
Community Champion
Community Champion

Can you try creating a DAX measure for "good %" and put it in the stacked column chart to use it as your sorting measure?

------------------------------------------------
1. How to get your question answered quickly - good questions get good answers!
2. Learning how to fish > being spoon-fed without active thinking.
3. Please accept as a solution posts that resolve your questions.
BI Blog: Datamarts | RLS/OLS | Dev Tools | Languages | Aggregations | XMLA/APIs | Field Parameters | Custom Visuals

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Lorenski
Frequent Visitor

@otravers 

Thank you!  I had a feeling it would be something simple by the time I got to posting here 😄

So, to recap for other readers: in my original post, I was trying to use a calculated column and not a DAX measure.  After @otravers reply, I had to brush up on calculated column vs measure.  Once I came up with the right measure, then put that into the Tooltips, then sorted by in the upper right of the chart, I got what I needed:

Lorenski_0-1656617850410.png

Lorenski_1-1656617985906.png

otravers
Community Champion
Community Champion

Can you try creating a DAX measure for "good %" and put it in the stacked column chart to use it as your sorting measure?

1. How to get your question answered quickly - good questions get good answers!
2. Learning how to fish > being spoon-fed without active thinking.
3. Please accept as a solution posts that resolve your questions.
BI Blog: Datamarts | RLS/OLS | Dev Tools | Languages | Aggregations | XMLA/APIs | Field Parameters | Custom Visuals

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.