Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Srintata

How to debug a data pipeline, How to run the data pipeline up to an activity

Hi,

I could not find a way to put a breakpoint in datapipeline.

for example, I have 3 copy activities in the data factory pipeline, and I want to run till the second copy activity, to debug and check data.

In Fabric data factory I could not see a way to put a breakpoint same as Azure data factory.

Please help me with the best way to put the break point to run until a specific activity.

5 REPLIES 5
Srintata

@v-nikhilan-msft , Thanks for your reply,

I checked it , when we deactivate , it is just skipped, all the subsequent activities are running.

In Azure data factory, we get a red circle at right top corner to stop the flow at the activity. We use that to run until the required activity check the output till that activity and then run from then on.

Here in Fabric DF,  we dont see that red circle at top right of the activity to stop the flow at the activity.

Please help with with such break point in Fabric DF.

Hi @Srintata 
I understood your ask and I know about the breakpoint option in Azure Datafactory. But that option is not available in Fabric and hence I mentioned a work around. So wherever you want to stop the flow of the activity , deactivate all the items from that activity. This is similar to breakpoint in Azure Datafactory.

vnikhilanmsft_0-1709316251806.png

You can check the output after the second copydata . If its correct then you can rerun the whole pipeline. This is a work around option.

If you want to ge the breakpoint feature in Fabric, please share the feedback on our feedback channel. Which would be open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows our product teams to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and gives insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further queries.

Hi @Srintata 
We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if your query got resolved. Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help.
Thanks

Hi @Srintata 
We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if your query got resolved. Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help.
Thanks

v-nikhilan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Srintata 
Thanks for using Fabric Community.
You can use the deactivate option in the pipeline. Just right click on the required activity and select deactivate.

vnikhilanmsft_0-1709289211494.png

This makes the particular activity inactive and you can easily debug in this way.

vnikhilanmsft_1-1709289280138.png

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.