Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

PauloAlvarez
Frequent Visitor

Help with error 23353: Failed to parse. 'DateTime' compatible data type is required for parameter

I'm building a pipeline in my Microsoft Fabric and trying to retrieve data from a rest API using my credentials (Basic Auth). The error I'm getting is that for the two parameters this API accepts dateStart and dateEnd it should be DateTime, but it doesn't recognize it from my query. Here's the error:

Error code: 23353

Details: Rest call failed with client error, status code 400 BadRequest, please check your activity settings. Request URL: https://plateform.outsystemscloud.com/API/rest/WTW/GetSales?dateStart=%7BdateStart%7D&dateEnd=%7Bdat.... Response: {"Errors":["Failed to parse. 'DateTime' compatible data type is required for parameter 'dateStart'.","Failed to parse request exception message: 'The value '{dateStart}' is not valid for DateTime.'","Failed to parse. 'DateTime' compatible data type is required for parameter 'dateEnd'.","Failed to parse request exception message: 'The value '{dateEnd}' is not valid for DateTime.'"],"StatusCode":400}

Activity ID: cff4ecc7-8a01-462e-8ca9-84873891fbc7

I'm using this as my base URL https://plateform.outsystemscloud.com/

The relative URL is: /API/rest/WTW/GetSales?dateStart={dateStart}&dateEnd={dateEnd}

My pagination rules are set to QueryParameters = {dateStart}, Body = 2024-03-01T00:00:00 and QueryParameters = {dateEnd}, Body = 2024-03-01T23:59:59

If I write as base URL https://plateform.outsystemscloud.com/API/rest/WTW/GetSales?dateStart=2024-03-01T00:00:00&dateEnd=20... and select preview data, I get a response and the preview data is shown. But I want to be able to make dateStart and End as parameters.

What can be the error?

Captura de pantalla 2024-03-04 134928.png

---

Also see the result when I use the query as/API/rest/WTW/GetSales?dateStart=2024-03-01T00:00:00&dateEnd=2024-03-01T23:59:59

PauloAlvarez_0-1709557406174.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-gchenna-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PauloAlvarez ,

Thanks for using Fabric Community.
I would like to understand why you are using Pagination Rules in your case?

Docs to understand Pagination rules - Link 

You can directly use static values for datestart and dateend at relative url itself or you can also set variable to set the values for datestart and dateend.

Method 1 -

vgchennamsft_2-1709631214824.png

Method 2 -

vgchennamsft_0-1709631157903.png

vgchennamsft_1-1709631171113.png

Hope this is helpful. Please let me know incase of further queries.

View solution in original post

Hello @PauloAlvarez ,

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you have a resolution yet .
In case if you have any resolution please do share that same with the community as it can be helpful to others .
Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help .

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-gchenna-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PauloAlvarez ,

Thanks for using Fabric Community.
I would like to understand why you are using Pagination Rules in your case?

Docs to understand Pagination rules - Link 

You can directly use static values for datestart and dateend at relative url itself or you can also set variable to set the values for datestart and dateend.

Method 1 -

vgchennamsft_2-1709631214824.png

Method 2 -

vgchennamsft_0-1709631157903.png

vgchennamsft_1-1709631171113.png

Hope this is helpful. Please let me know incase of further queries.

Hello @PauloAlvarez ,

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you have a resolution yet .
In case if you have any resolution please do share that same with the community as it can be helpful to others .
Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help .

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayFabricCarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.