Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MSW
Helper I
Helper I

lookupvalue no longer working after Data Refresh

I have a simple Vlookupformula for two columns in Table2. The values are in Table1 and appear to be present. It was working well until I did a data refresh recently all of a sudden it is no longer retreiving any values. Nothing should have changed with the refresh. What could be the cause of this malfunction? 

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same problem too. Started no more than 2weeks ago

HotChilli
Super User
Super User

One of the best ways to test lookupvalue is to hardcode the value to be searched for so try putting a value that you know exists as your search term.

if no result value is returned, you can investigate the field that was expected to match (see if there are spaces in it or hidden characters etc)

MSW
Helper I
Helper I

Resolved. Not sure why it was not working the same as previous but I built another table with the unique IDs and the column value and referenced that table instead to lookup the value into the target table.

m3tr01d
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@MSW Most likely, when you refresh the model, you added duplicate values in your lookup table. Lookupvalue will return an error if there are duplicates.

@m3tr01d Thank you for the reply. I had duplicates before and it was working. Im not getting an error message its returning nothing at all now. As if the formula is not even there. I have tried making a new column and re-write the formula too. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.