Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Salesforce
Frequent Visitor

how to create multiple filters for multiple columns

Hello Team,

Can anyone help me with the scenario or example related? I'm new to power bi and learning.

We had a requirement to create filter data for multiple columns.

The Scenario is companies get their contracts renewed for every 3 years. If they don't want to renew then it will be considered  discontinued. Any help very much appreciated.

Columns as --Company Name,Date of issue,Status(Active,Expired,Discontinue),Category(New,End Of cycle-3years) ,ID'setc.

The issue is when the company has completed its contract for 3 years -and renewed.. they were generated with new IDs and categories as New.

For Example - Company A, Company B, Company C

Company A was created on the year 07/15/2019 -completed the 3 years cycle on 7/14/2022 -Their ID was given as ID A.Status is Expired.

Now Company A went for renewal in the year 2022. Their ID was generated New as !D A1.Status as Active and Category as New.

Similarly, other companies got discontinued in between, etc. New companies took new contracts.

How do I filter to know which company has completed 3 years of cycle and went for renewal?Which are new clients for this years etc.

Any help is Very much appreciated.Thank you in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Salesforce This would be far easier if you posted sample data per the articles below. You could determine which companies had completed a three year cycle by using SUMMARIZE by Company with a COUNTROWS and any row with 2 or more rows has at least been through a 3 year and renewal cycle. Clients that are new for this year could be done essentially like this:

Better Sales from New Customers = 
    VAR __CurrentCustomers = DISTINCT('Table'[ID])
    VAR __MinDate = MIN('Table'[Date])
    VAR __Table = FILTER(ALL('Table'),[Date] < __MinDate)
    VAR __PreviousCustomers = 
        DISTINCT(
            SELECTCOLUMNS(
                __Table,
                "ID",[ID]
            )
        )
    VAR __NewCustomers = EXCEPT(__CurrentCustomers, __PreviousCustomers)
RETURN
    SUMX(FILTER('Table',[ID] IN __NewCustomers),[Value])

This can roll-up to Year or you can replace [Date] with a [Year] column.

Please first check if your issue is a common issue listed here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Before-You-Post-Read-This/ba-p/1116882

Also, please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

The most important parts are:
1. Sample data as text, use the table tool in the editing bar
2. Expected output from sample data
3. Explanation in words of how to get from 1. to 2.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hello @Greg_Deckler ,

Thanks for your response. I will implement the given formulae.

I tried this formula for 3 years completed.

cycle phase = if(Table[Date of Expiry].[year]=Table[Date of Initial registration].[year]+3,"1st cycle",if(Table[Date of Expiry].[year]=Table[Date of Initial registration].[year]+6,"2nd cycle","3rd cycle") ))

But this formula didnt work.Any help very much appreaciated.Thanks in Advance.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.