Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jane689
Helper I
Helper I

how to add string to measure

I want to create a measure average time  such that when i used it in data card it shows text "seconds" next to the value (e.g 12 seconds) without converting the measure to text.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jane689 ,

As far as I concerned, now Power BI does not support. You can submit an idea for it at   https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/   and wait for users with the same needs as you to vote for you to help make it happen as soon as possible.

You can add a custom column with this formula (put this is the pop-up box when you hit Add Custom Column).

let
thislist = Text.Split([RunTime], " ")
in
if List.Count(thislist) = 4
then Number.FromText(thislist{0}) * 60 + Number.FromText(thislist{2})
else
if List.Contains(thislist, "s")
then Number.FromText(thislist{0})
else Number.FromText(thislist{0}) * 60

vpollymsft_0-1670565078105.png

If it does not help, please provide more details with your desired output and pbix file without privacy information (or some sample data) .

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jane689 ,

As far as I concerned, now Power BI does not support. You can submit an idea for it at   https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/   and wait for users with the same needs as you to vote for you to help make it happen as soon as possible.

You can add a custom column with this formula (put this is the pop-up box when you hit Add Custom Column).

let
thislist = Text.Split([RunTime], " ")
in
if List.Count(thislist) = 4
then Number.FromText(thislist{0}) * 60 + Number.FromText(thislist{2})
else
if List.Contains(thislist, "s")
then Number.FromText(thislist{0})
else Number.FromText(thislist{0}) * 60

vpollymsft_0-1670565078105.png

If it does not help, please provide more details with your desired output and pbix file without privacy information (or some sample data) .

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

FreemanZ
Super User
Super User

just end with &" seconds", try like

SUM(TableName[Seconds])&" seconds"

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.