Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sdhn
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

can view only their product list only.

Hi All,

I have  a source files on csv format (on sharepoint) which contains product list info. of different departmental stores. I combined files onto on source file. 

I have a existing running dasbaord and i am dispalying required information to all departmental store- users.

During published on the App, I grantred Permission to all users in each department.  They all can view Main Dashbaord online.

Product list is not the part of a main Dashbaord.

I want to create dashbaord 2 for each department and display product list of thier respective department.

Source file is same. 

I want each department store  can view only their product list only. I am thinking to create department drop down on main Dashbaord so user can select thier department to view only thier departments,

I will grant  permision to respective users of each departmnt in thier own Dashbaord. 

For eg:

During publish to APP, I will grant or add all XYZ user to the Dashbaord XYZ only. So the will see data from XYZ DB only. 

Sample of files as below

Department Store Product List
XYZRound Mouse
XYZBlue Monitor
XYZFantancy Laptop 
ABCYello Monitor
ABCCar Radio
DEF Round Mouse
DEFCar Radio
DEFApple Laptop
IJKCar Radio
IJKApple Mac
zzzPC
zzzGame PC
zzzRound Mouse

Now real help is here:

I have a same source file all secondary Product List Dashbaord. 

Can we write DAX command to user can view only thier own dept data? I will use this command on all Prouct List Dashbaord of each dept. store. Just chnage department store name. 

help will appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.