Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

crnswengineer
Frequent Visitor

assigning ending inventory of current month as beginning inventory as a next month

i need to assign ending inventory of current month as beginning inventory as a next month. i have write a measure to calculate it.here as measure:(the problem is probably i have used all values as a measure and i want to calculate next month from previous month but it is row based calculation. it can not tranfer the value because of this)

beginning =
VAR currentMonth =
SUM ( 'table[Total stock] )
VAR nextMonth =
CALCULATE (
SUM('table[Total stock])+[dumb order]
FILTER (
ALL( dates ),MONTH ( dates[Month] )
= MONTH ( SELECTEDVALUE ( dates[Month] ) ) + 1
)
)
RETURN
currentMonth+nextMonth
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
daXtreme
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @crnswengineer 

If you use the Search box on this page above and type something like "inventory," you'll find a lot of solved problems like this. One potential solution would be:

Solved: Inventory Stock_Balance and cost calculation_DAX - Microsoft Power BI Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
daXtreme
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @crnswengineer 

If you use the Search box on this page above and type something like "inventory," you'll find a lot of solved problems like this. One potential solution would be:

Solved: Inventory Stock_Balance and cost calculation_DAX - Microsoft Power BI Community

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors