Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Chandramouli_BI
Helper III
Helper III

Undefined

I created a scatter plot and enabled PowerBI percentile lines 25th,50th,75th,100th for both x & y axes (analytics pane option) . Now my scatter plot is divided into 16 grids. Now I created a calculated column based on the grid values & assigned each value in the scatter plot to grid. (Ex: If a value falls below x axis 25th percentile & y axis 25th percentile then I assigned this as GRID 1. similarly for other values to grid2,grid3....grid16. The grid slicer is working fine..if I select grid1 then only those prticular values are showing, similarly for other grids also. I have a month slicer in my report. When I want to check with particular month, the grid is not working properly. What I meant is initially if I click on grid 4 then only the values in grid 4 appeared. But affter selcting month (Lets say April month 30 days, the scatter plot is into 16 grids but now in the grid slicer some grids are missing even though in the scatter plot values are in all 16 grids. Also if I click on appered grids, the values are showing wrong.Percentile lines & scatter plot values are working fine but the grid is not working. 

3 REPLIES 3
Chandramouli_BI
Helper III
Helper III

@DallasBaba Thanks for the reply. I tried but it is still giving me the same result

@Chandramouli_BI Can I review your Dax expressions to calculate values or control slicers? Let's check that to ensure you are using the correct expressions.

Or are there any interactions set up in your report that may be affecting the grid slicer? You can adjust interaction settings by selecting " Format " and selecting "Edit interactions."

You can also review the calculated column you created based on the grid values. Double-check the logic to ensure it accurately assigns data points to the correct grid. There might be a logic error in your calculated column.

Try using a different visualization, like a table or a bar chart, to see if the grid slicer works as expected with other visualizations. These will help narrow down the problem.

Best Regards,
Dallas.
DallasBaba
Super User
Super User

@Chandramouli_BI you can try updating your Power BI Desktop to the latest version and see if that resolves the issue. If updating doesn’t work, try removing the month slicer and adding it again. Sometimes, this can help reset the slicer and fix any issues.

Another thing you can try is to check if there are any filters applied to your report that might be affecting the grid slicer.

You can do this by going to the “Filters” pane and checking if there are any filters applied to your report.
You can also create a new grid slicer and see if that works. Sometimes, creating a new slicer can help fix any issues with the old one.

Reference :
https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/Scatter-plot-not-showing-entire-data/m-p/946829

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/60754216/month-slicer-and-filter-not-working-properly-on-rolling...

Please let me know if this works.

Thanks

Best Regards,
Dallas.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors