Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AnthonyJoseph
Resolver III
Resolver III

Top 5 values in category for selected year and all years

Hello Community,

I have a quiet a complicated task (I feel so) but I'll try to explain as detail as possible. Basically, I have two tables (Data and Invoice). Data table contains the Entity name and Year. Invoice table has invocie details with descriptions  for the entities and their correcponding years. I have also included the data here

The ask is below:

1) I need to create two visuals one to display top 5 Category (based on Invoice values) for all entities for a selected year.

2) One visual to display the Invoice value for the above identifies top 5 category across all years.

When the user selects the year from the drop down then:

1) The Entities that are in the selected year and their Top 5 "Category" based on the Invoice values should be calculated.

2) In the second visual, we should see the top 5 category (based on the Invoice value) of the selected year and also the invoice value for the other years for those top 5 categories from the selected year.

For example:

The selected year is 2022 and The entities A,C and D have data for 2022 then visual should sum up all the Invoice values for all the entities (A,C,D) and display the top 5 categories.

Top 5 categories for 2022

Here the top 5 categories are (Social, Entertainment, Mathematics, Special preparation and Science).

AnthonyJoseph_1-1659474658023.png

Top 5 categories in 2022 Vs other years (2020 and 2021):

AnthonyJoseph_0-1659474587526.png

Here the top 5 categories from 2022 are picked and their 2021 and 2020 values are displayed for Entites A,C and D (Category: Social, Entertainment, Mathematics, Special preparation and Science).

Hope this is explains the request, please if someone can help here that would be really helpful

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

Could you please check the attached file?

The previous measure was only for selecting one year.

I amended, and please check if it works.

Thank you.

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Please check the below picture and the attached pbix file.

All measures are in the attached pbix file.

Untitled.png

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Thank you so much @Jihwan_Kim. The solution worked as detailed but one missing thing is when I unselected 2022 I could still see data for 2022. Basically, when I unselect 2022 from the slicer, I want the second visual to display the top 5 categories for 2021 (the latest selected year) and their corresponding Invoice values for 2020 i.e. the other selected year values... Is there a possibility to achieve this ?

Hi,

thank you for your message.

Please check the attached file, and I amended some measures in order to meet your requirement.

Please kindly check if it works.

Thank you.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Thanks @Jihwan_Kim Sorry but I still see 2022 even if its not selected...

AnthonyJoseph_0-1659547943566.png

Hi,

Could you please check the attached file?

The previous measure was only for selecting one year.

I amended, and please check if it works.

Thank you.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.