Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Substitute multiple values in one column via DAX

Is it possible to create a DAX query to add a new column to substitute a company name for the letters "UK"?

I've used an example that might work with m language but I'm looking for a DAX query to convert up to 9 company names to just "UK"

SUBSTITUTE (SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE('looker_views lkr_Company_Supplier'[Company_Supplier_Name] “Company A”, “UK”), “Company B”, “UK”), “Company C”, “UK”)

Thanks,
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
harshnathani
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please use this Calculated Column

IF('looker_views lkr_Company_Supplier'[Company_Supplier_Name]  IN {"CompanyA", "CompanyB","CompanyC"}, SUBSTITUTE('looker_views lkr_Company_Supplier'[Company_Supplier_Name],'looker_views lkr_Company_Supplier'[Company_Supplier_Name],"UK"))

Regards,

Harsh Nathani

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate with a Kudos!! (Click the Thumbs Up Button)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
harshnathani
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please use this Calculated Column

IF('looker_views lkr_Company_Supplier'[Company_Supplier_Name]  IN {"CompanyA", "CompanyB","CompanyC"}, SUBSTITUTE('looker_views lkr_Company_Supplier'[Company_Supplier_Name],'looker_views lkr_Company_Supplier'[Company_Supplier_Name],"UK"))

Regards,

Harsh Nathani

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate with a Kudos!! (Click the Thumbs Up Button)

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors