Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Laura1996
Frequent Visitor

Show all entries of the same number where there exists an "-" and a "+"

Laura1996_1-1673597134217.png

I have a table with thousands of entries with material numbers (Material) - those Material has certain movement, which is shown in "BwA". So every number stands for some certain movement in the company. For the evaluation I care just about the "261". Now I want to find the Material that have a 261 in "-" AND in "+". All the other Material that have a 261 in either "+" OR "-" should not be displayed. I tried it in DAX but can't figure out how to do it.

Thanks in advance 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @Laura1996 

1. Place Table1[Material] in a table visual

2. Create this measure

ShowMeasure =
VAR hasPlus_ = CALCULATE(COUNT(Table1[Material]), Table1[BwA] = 261, Table1[BewertArt] = "+") > 0
VAR hasMinus_ = CALCULATE(COUNT(Table1[Material]), Table1[BwA] = 261, Table1[BewertArt] = "-") > 0
RETURN
IF( hasPLUS_  && hasMinus_, 1,0)  

Note that if Table1[BwA] is of type text instead of whole number, you'll need to use

Table1[BwA] = "261"

in the code above

3. Apply [ShowMeasure] as a visual filter to the table visual, choosing to show when value is 1

SU18_powerbi_badge

Please accept the solution when done and consider giving a thumbs up if posts are helpful. 

Contact me privately for support with any larger-scale BI needs, tutoring, etc.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
FreemanZ
Super User
Super User

hi @Laura1996 

You may also try to add a Tag column like this:

Tag = 
VAR _material = [Material]
VAR _list = 
CALCULATETABLE(
    VALUES(TableName[BewertArt]), 
    TableName[Material] = _material
)
RETURN
IF(
    [BwA]=261 &&  COUNTROWS(_list)=2,
    "Yes", "No"
)

then you can filter any visual with this column. 

Hey 🙂 

Thank you for your response - as I discovered some issues with the marked solution I wanted to ask how I can add the "+" and "-" in your formula? 

AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @Laura1996 

1. Place Table1[Material] in a table visual

2. Create this measure

ShowMeasure =
VAR hasPlus_ = CALCULATE(COUNT(Table1[Material]), Table1[BwA] = 261, Table1[BewertArt] = "+") > 0
VAR hasMinus_ = CALCULATE(COUNT(Table1[Material]), Table1[BwA] = 261, Table1[BewertArt] = "-") > 0
RETURN
IF( hasPLUS_  && hasMinus_, 1,0)  

Note that if Table1[BwA] is of type text instead of whole number, you'll need to use

Table1[BwA] = "261"

in the code above

3. Apply [ShowMeasure] as a visual filter to the table visual, choosing to show when value is 1

SU18_powerbi_badge

Please accept the solution when done and consider giving a thumbs up if posts are helpful. 

Laura1996
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for the fast solution 🙂

This one works for me - however just on the original table. If I use it on the aggreated data (where I have also some "LOOKUPVALUE") it shows me a wrong result. any idea what could cause this?

Thanks a lot 🙂

@Laura1996 

I'll need some more details, ideally some sample data, of where it does not work. I do not understand what you mean

SU18_powerbi_badge

Laura1996
Frequent Visitor

I found the mistake - PowerBI was automatically summing up the numbers, which I didn't wanted. Spend some time searching for the mistake, adapted further and now everything works. Thank you so much for the solution & the offer to help 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.