Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Removing values from a matrix if there are 0s or blanks

Hi there, 

I have a matrix with a number of attributes down the left and a number of columns checking how many nulls, too long and too short there are:Matrix.PNG

I need the matrix to not show the attributes in blue (they are all diffrent attributes) due to there being no values (0s or blank values) in column 2,3,4,6,7,8 (column 1 and 5 are irrelevant) and to only show the values under the red squares (there are values in one of 2,3,4,6,7,8)

In essence its looks to me like i need a nested IF( function like: 

IF( All records null = blank or 0 then IF( all records too long  blank or 0 then IF( all records too short = blank or 0 then IF( migrating records null = blank or 0 then IF(migrating records too short = blank or 0 then IF( migratin grecords too long = blank or 0  then dont show the attribute) IF ELSE( show the attribute,)

Something along those lines.

Any help would be much appreciate. 

TIA

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , if all records are null, power bi should not show that, unless a measure is created to show that.

Also if there are multiple measures used then power bi can not remove the measure if all values are blank. You can try calculation groups for that

Calculation Groups- Measure Slicer, Measure Header Grouping, Measure to dimension conversion. Complex Table display : https://youtu.be/qMNv67P8Go0

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @amitchandak 

So there will alwasy be atleast one populated column (either colum 1 ('All records'), column 5 ('migrating records') or both. Therefore poweri will alwasy show all the attributes. I would like to be able to create a measure that ignors those columns and if any of the other columns are blank or 0 then reome them from the table. 

i.e. only show those with a values in column 2,3,4,6,7,8 

thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.