Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

emdnz
Helper I
Helper I

Need help turning table of totals into individual rows

Hey team,

This might be an odd request and so far I've been unable to get some good Google results based on the fact I'm not sure how to ask this question.

Long story short: we run NPS surveys across our business and get results from independent partners. All partners but 1 provide the NPS data in survey form, where each row is a single response and each column represents a different question. 

We're trying to come up with a combined target measure for the group so I'm left with the challenge to add the remaining partner to the totals but the format is throwing me off. The format of 95% of the data is as follows:

RespIDNPS scoreDate 
181/04/2021
281/04/2021
331/04/2021
4101/04/2021

But the format of the 1 partner is as follows. For some horrible reason it has the scores in the first column, then the count of said scores within the date range in the 2nd column.

Now my question is: is there any way I could somehow transform the below table into a format that is similar to the first table so I can append? Ie, create an table with an index and have a row count that is equal to the sum of the 2nd column (7 in this case) with 6x10 and 1x5?

Score 4/2021
1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@emdnz , based on what I got.

1. Unpivot, the date will be in the row you will count and another column  - https://radacad.com/pivot-and-unpivot-with-power-bi
2. After that multiply [Score] *[Count] to get a total score. That is the best you can get, it will not same as the first table

you can dummy resp Id

say

resp Id =1 or add index column in this table

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.