Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

datatbl123
Helper I
Helper I

Multiply Values from 2 different columns with empty values and reflect accurate Total SUM

Hi,

I have 2 diffrent tables I am working with. Table1 has recorded employee work time (Hours) which is a measure and I have antoher table with the same employee names with their corresponding hourly rates. The issue that I have is that the total Actual amount is not showing the rate multiplied by the amount of hours worked correctly, it's much too high. If no hours worked the amout of Actual shows empty which it should but the total Actual shouldn't be 39.50*1,015 but more the sum of 3,879, 1,425 and 2,200 which it should be 7,504 instead of the $40,093 it is showing. Anyone can help resolve this issue?

Screenshot 2022-03-17 125025.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Whitewater100
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi:

I'm sorry one ) after [usersname],  and just one at the end ).

The reason we are looking at username is because that is what looks to be in your first column. It should be the value of the field what is under your image of TOTAL. It is blacked out so I'm guessing that's what measure is. Maybe [Employee Name]?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Whitewater100
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi:

I'm sorry one ) after [usersname],  and just one at the end ).

The reason we are looking at username is because that is what looks to be in your first column. It should be the value of the field what is under your image of TOTAL. It is blacked out so I'm guessing that's what measure is. Maybe [Employee Name]?

That worked! Thank you.

Whitewater100
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello:

Can you try

SUMX(VALUES(Employee[Name], [put name of your measure totaling the wages here]))

I'm getting the following error:

1.png

2.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors