Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Measures / Calculated Fields in Power Pivot | Multiplication

Hi all,

In need of some help here. I have been studying and using Power Query, Power Pivot, Power BI, etc. the last few months. I have NOT made a calculated field in EXCEL. This may not be the correct forum, but I'd appreciate any guidance here.

I have data that gives me the headcount per 'CountryCode' from November 2020-October 2022. I also have a separate table that gives me the rates per month per country code from November 2020-October 2022. I want to be able to convert HEADCOUNT to $$$ based on the conversion rate (per month).

I know this is probably simple to do for most here, but I have not had any experience doing this. Please let me know if anyone could provide any guidance here.

Thank you!!!

Details: I made a Star Schema data model in Power Pivot (Made the same one in Power BI) - and I have a fact table which shows Employee Name/ID (Key), Headcount/FTE (Value), with a dimension table that countains the COUNTRY CODE and the Value that corresponds with COUNTRY CODE which I need to multiply with HEADCOUNT/FTE. Everytime I try to do it, it shows an error. I want to be able to make this measure which takes the CODE value (In a dimension table) and multiplies it to the HEADCOUNT/FTE (In the fact table)
1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous ,Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors