Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any way to automate or speed up bulk creation of similar DAX measures?

Hello!

I have to create many (nearly identical) DAX measures that work in the same way, but will change as they are created to apply to a series of different columns. My current process is just to copy and paste the template formula and change the column names accordingly. This is a bit tedious though.

I was thinking it would be nice if users could design their own Quick Measure to add to those offered in Power BI desktop. If anyone knows of a way to do this or to otherwise quickly create very similar measures, please let me know!

For reference my calculation goes generally like this:

Measure = (CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Column1]), FILTER(Table1,Table1[Column2]="x"))) / (CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Column1]), FILTER(Table1,Table1[Column2]<> BLANK() )))

Each time, for varying purposes, I have to change "Column2", and/or "x", and/or "Table1". 

The closest thing that Quick Measures has would be the "Division" quick measure, but doesn't quite work because of the filters.

If anyone knows of a way to automate or otherwise very quickly create very similar measures, please let me know!

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
rfigtree
Resolver III
Resolver III

This is probably not what you want. But an idea.

You could have everthing in the one measure then using a "select" statement determine which version of measure you want.

Its not a great way as it can get a little confusing when using the measure.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.