Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Invalid filter selection still appear in the Slicer while SELECTEDVALUE return Blank

Hi All,

I have 2 Filters as below, Fiscal Year (FY) & Fiscal Month (FM)

Step 1. I select FY2018 & FM as Ap-18

1.png

Apr-18 is in FY2018 and hence data will appear for this month, which is normally functioning.

My Test_Selected are to compare the value I select with the value shown on the Slicer, formula as follows:

Test_SelectedFM = SELECTEDVALUE(PBITable[FiscalYear])
Test_SelectedFM = SELECTEDVALUE(PBITable[FiscalMonth])

Step 2 However, when I deselect FY2018 & select FY2019 instead, Apr-18 still appear in the FM filter & the Test_SelectedFY & Test_SelectedFM are both Blank (which I already verified with IsBlank())

2.png

-->

3.png

Step 3 Next, when I tick on Apr-19, the option Apr-18 will disappear & the Test_SelectedFy and Test_SelectedFm all return the correct values.

4.png

I would expect that Apr-18 will disappear immediately at step 2, when I select FY2019, instead of only at Step 3 when I have to manually select Apr-19. This is an issue because indeed the Test_SelectedFy & Test_SelectedFm are both Blank (which I supposed due to Apr-18 & FY2019 is not a matching pair)

FYI, The slicer Interaction is as Following:

5.png

& FM will not affect the FY, since I want to have all FY to be listed and not just the corresponding FY of the FM. Like when I select Apr-19, the Drop down will only show FY2019, instead of all FY.

6.png

Need your advice on how to remove the invalid Fiscal month Apr-18 in this scenario. Thanks!

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.