Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

VMP
Regular Visitor

If else DAX Measure

I was able to create a calcuated column at row level calculation, but I have to calculate as measure. Please guide me on how to create a Measure rather than column?

Below is DAX to create calculated column which I am successful. 
West =
IF('Target'[Forecast Area]="Operations",
    CALCULATE(SUMX('Allocation','Allocation'[Fraction of Sale])*SUMX('Target','Target'[Amount]),
        ALLEXCEPT('Target','Target'[PBI Index]),FILTER('Allocation','Allocation'[Sales to Regions]="West")),
         IF('Target'[Regions]="West",'Target'[Amount]*1,0)
)

7 REPLIES 7
VMP
Regular Visitor

Thanks for input! Getting belowe error message.

A single value for column 'Forecast Area' in table 'Target' cannot be determined. This can happen when a measure formula refers to a column that contains many values without specifying an aggregation such as min, max, count, or sum to get a single result.

oh my bad 

we need to change target[amount] because we are using it in measures can you please let me know how you want it? like amount multiplies by 1 is row by row? or sum of it or the max ...

The amount multiplies by 1 is row by row, I tried Sumx in your formula but still getting same error message.

can you share the measure please

I used same DAX function you had provided but instead of Max I used SELECTVALUE but that didn't worked so deleted.

selected value usually doesnt work in some cases prefer to use values or max 

eliasayyy
Super User
Super User

SWITCH(
TRUE(),
MAX('Target'[Forecast Area])="Operations", 
CALCULATE(
       SUMX('Allocation','Allocation'[Fraction of Sale])*SUMX('Target','Target'[Amount]),
       ALLEXCEPT('Target','Target'[PBI Index]),FILTER('Allocation','Allocation'[Sales to 
       Regions]="West")
),
MAX('Target'[Regions]) ="West",
'Target'[Amount]*1,
)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.