Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jaysgovindiya
Frequent Visitor

How to plot percentile wise values in Power BI?

Description: We want to plot percentile wise values in line chart in Power BI for larger set of data currently we have used below formula to calculate Percentile Rank 

Percentile = (No of value below Max Number/ Total No of values ) * 100

Issue: Not able to generate output for larger amount of data due to in sufficient memory. We need similar functionality like PERCENTRANK.INC formula of excel in Power BI.

Chart Values:
X-axis : 
Percentile values between 0 to 100
Y-axis:  Actual value or Average value

Let me know if any one has optimium approach for same use case.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
jaysgovindiya
Frequent Visitor

Hello @v-stephen-msft 
Thanks for providing support for thread, I need Percentile Rank thing like if we have one column for values
i. e. 1,3,3,4,4,7,7,8,9,10 then we need output like what is the value for 95th percentile? so based on percentile we need graph for same.

v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jaysgovindiya ,

You could try show value as percent of grand total.

20.png

Or you can display the percentage by dividing by 100 and clicking the "%" button.28.png

vstephenmsft_1-1682303685724.png

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.           

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.