Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

lougontard
Regular Visitor

Dynamic banding doesn't work with decimal

Hi everyone, I am struggling since a week on my problem, I have red several topics but can't find the solution...

I have followed this tutorial to have the possibility of changing the thickness of the band of in my graphic: https://radacad.com/dynamic-banding-or-grouping-in-power-bi-using-dax-measures-choose-the-size-of-bi... 

Here is the formula and the graph. I have a tab "banding cycle" that allow me to select a value. This value will then determine the thickness of each band, grouping the value in it. Of course it is theoretical because currently it doesn work ... 

lougontard_6-1688644621894.png

lougontard_5-1688644601562.png

With the tunning I have choosing the graph should do band of a value 0.10 but it looks very random and I dont understand why it doesnt group data in band. 

I have already used this kind of mesure and it works very well, the difference is that my data are with decimal and I strongly believe that it disturb the mesure. 

To test it, I multiplied my data TAB by 100 to have only whole number, here is the mesure and the Graph :

lougontard_1-1688644199480.png

Graph with data x100

lougontard_0-1688644082558.png

With the data multiplied it works perfectly (expect the scale between 0 to 1000 instead of 0 to 10)

I hope I am clear enought, feel free to ask details ! Thank you a lot for your help

3 REPLIES 3
lougontard
Regular Visitor

Up plz

Hi @lougontard ,

What does your raw data look like?  What are the measures [Max C1] and [Min C1]?

Sorry for that the information you have provided is not making the problem clear to me. Can you please share more details to help us clarify your scenario?

Please provide me with more details about your table and your problem or share me with your pbix file after removing sensitive data.

Refer to:

How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Jianbo Li, thank you for your time

First, here is how my table are linked

lougontard_1-1689673521010.png

The MODULE 3 is my RAW data that I am trying to display. Here is a screen of it without sensitive data  :

lougontard_2-1689673602520.png

The cycle TAB : 

lougontard_3-1689673663402.png

The Max C1 and Min C1 are :

lougontard_4-1689673730763.png

lougontard_5-1689673743882.png

And the TAB Banding Cycles is the Tab I am using to change the thickness of the Band, if I select 0,10 I want that each band has a value of 0,10 : 

lougontard_6-1689673871402.png

Last detail, in the RAW data if I multiplied manually NB Cycles by 100, so I have no more Decimals, everything will work how I want to and my graph will be good (but data multiplied by 100)...

Thank you a lot for your help

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors