Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

I2SA
Regular Visitor

DateDiff of the same Date column based in different condition

Hi,

I try to make the difference between dates from the same column regarding statuts of an other column and for each Order_ID
I got an error message : "A table of multiple values was provided when a single value was expected."

Datediff2 =

var var_StartDate = calculate (lookupvalue(ORDER_STATUS[LOG_DATE],ORDER_STATUS[STATUS],"pending_reception"),ALLEXCEPT(ORDER_STATUS,ORDER_STATUS[ORDER_ID]))

var var_EndDate = calculate (lookupvalue(ORDER_STATUS[LOG_DATE],ORDER_STATUS[STATUS],"fulfilled"),ALLEXCEPT(ORDER_STATUS,ORDER_STATUS[ORDER_ID]))

RETURN
IF(
   NOT ISBLANK(var_EndDate),
   DATEDIFF(var_StartDate,var_EndDate,DAY)
)

Thanks for your help !
7 REPLIES 7
v-tianyich-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @I2SA ,

Based on your description, I wonder that you want to calculate the duration of the log from preparation to completion, I created simple samples and you may check the results below:

vtianyichmsft_0-1698044998090.png

Measure = var _StartDate = CALCULATE(MIN('Table'[LOG_DATE]),FILTER('Table','Table'[STATUS]="pending_reception"))
var _EndDate = CALCULATE(MAX('Table'[LOG_DATE]),FILTER('Table','Table'[STATUS]="fulfilled"))
return
IF(not ISBLANK(_EndDate),DATEDIFF(_StartDate,_EndDate,DAY),0)

Please feel free to correct me and provide more information if I have misunderstood you!

An attachment for your reference. Hope it helps!

Best regards,

Community Support Team_ Scott Chang

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks !
I think it's should work but I have an issue, for some cases I have several Fulfilled Dates for the same ID because I have log from different systems. I think I have to add an index in order to took the oldest one.
Do you know how to make this in Power Query ?

Hi @I2SA ,

You can try combining group by and index columns as needed.

Hope it helps!

Best regards,

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Almost, in my case, in your example Order ID is 1 for all your lignes and you have the same sample for other Order IDs

Hi @I2SA ,

Based on your description, I made a new attempt and you can check the following results:

vtianyichmsft_0-1698203005745.png

Measure = 
VAR _AddColumn =
    SUMMARIZE(
        'Table',
        'Table'[ORDER_ID],
        "Mindate",
                MINX (
                    FILTER ( ALL('Table'), [ORDER_ID] = EARLIER ( [ORDER_ID] ) && [STATUS] = "pending_reception" ),
                    [LOG_DATE]
                ),
                 "Maxdate",
                MAXX (
                    FILTER (ALL('Table'), [ORDER_ID] = EARLIER ( [ORDER_ID]) && [STATUS] = "fulfilled" ),
                    [LOG_DATE]
                )

)
VAR result =
    ADDCOLUMNS ( _AddColumn, "result", DATEDIFF ( [Mindate], [Maxdate], DAY ) )
return
SUMX(result,[result])

An attachment for your reference. Hope it helps!

Best regards,

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

What made you use LOOKUPVALUE for this?

I'am trying 🙂 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.