Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rlsantos
Frequent Visitor

DAX - Measure to get last non blank reported value in stock

Hi everyone!
Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

I developed a measure that brings up the last position of the stock, and it works perfectly, but the grand total is incorrect.

This is my measurement:

Last stock:=
VAR MaxData = MAX(f_Stock[Week No.])
RETURN
CALCULATE([Sum of Stock];FILTER(f_Stock;f_StockS[Week No.]=MaxData))

In practice, it is according to the attached image, note that for each store the stock is correct, as it is bringing the data of the last informed date. But the grand total is incorrect. I found that the total is considering only the maximum date recorded, I need the total to add up all the stock considering the last release.
Stock total.png

4 REPLIES 4
tamerj1
Super User
Super User

Hi @rlsantos 
You may create a new measure that corrects the results of the old one and use it in the pivot table instead of the old one

Last stock with correct totals :=
SUMX ( SUMMARIZE ( f_Stock, f_Stock[Store], f_StockS[Week No.] ), [Last stock] )

Whitewater100
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello:

To avoid a lot of headaches down the road,

The best thing you should do is have a separate datetable. Connected to your fact table. Your f_Stock table should have a date associated with the reporting. You can connect that date to the date table,marked as such,with continuous dates spanning all of your data and beyond.

To obtain proper last inventory amount you would put a "helper column" in your Date Table. Due to multile stores there can be occasions where this can really help. I have named the Date Table DateTable, but most just name it Dates. Then this column is added to your Date Table.

In Date(calc col)   Rows of Inv = CALCULATE( NOT ISEMPTY(f_stock))

Your measure for EOM OnHandQty = LASTNONBLANKVALUE( DateTable[Date], [sum of stock]))

The measure for handling this across stores can be:

On Hand Total = CALCULATE(
                                           SUM( F_Stock[sumofstock]), 
                                            CALCULATETABLE( 

LASTDATE(Datetable[Date]), 
                                              Datetable[rows of Inv] = TRUE))

Tutu_in_YYC
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hola rlsantos,

Use LASTNONBLANKVALUE to get the latest stock count and then use SUMX to sum up the stock counts for all the different stores.

Total Geral = 
SUMX(
VALUES(f_Stock[Store]),
LASTNONBLANKVALUE(DateTable[Date],[sum of Stock])
)

If you dont have DateTable[Date], use the column that has date in f_stock. It should also work with the column [Week No.] if the data type is number.

Let me know how it goes.

Whitewater100
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi:

Have you tried the function LASTNONBLANKVALUE?

end Stock = LASTNONBLANKVALUE( DateTable[Date], [sum of stock]))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.