Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Customers with Active license in Stacked bar Chart

Hi,

I have trouble building a stacked bar chart. I am working on customer license data and I want to build a bar chart. For example, I have a Customer ABC, he has 100 licenses with a start date and an end date. 3 year license term.

Start dateEnd date
6/5/2020 (Q2 2020)6/4/2023 (Q2 2023)

Out of these 100 license, the customer only consumed 50 of them on 8/15/2020 (Q3 2020). Below is a snapshot from excel where the blue color (cumulative) is the total License (100) over the period (from start to end date) and the small orange bar is the consumed license (50 - assuming one grid as 50).

KCHITRED_0-1603392762062.png

How to build this in Power BI. Open for suggestion if any other visual is good to represent this info. 

appreciate your help in advance.

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , OPen to close has to approach as a current employee in my hr blog. and consumed as cumulative

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-trend/ba-p/882970

example

Cumm Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),filter(allselected(date),date[date] <=maxx(date,date[date])))
Cumm Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),filter(allselected(date),date[date] <=max(Sales[Sales Date])))

use a date table

To get the best of the time intelligence function. Make sure you have a date calendar and it has been marked as the date in model view. Also, join it with the date column of your fact/s. Refer :radacad sqlbi My Video Series Appreciate your Kudos.

Please provide your feedback comments and advice for new videos
Tutorial Series Dax Vs SQL Direct Query PBI Tips
Appreciate your Kudos.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors