Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

streli
Helper I
Helper I

Cumulative amount calculation excluding expired dates

Hello!

I have a data table with 3 colums: DataDay, UnitsSold, ExpiryDate. 

I would like to calculate cumulative amount for the units sold, but exclude from the calculation where above ExpiryDate < DataDay, so I would like to see 8 instead of 11 for the DataDay of June 10, since June 9 is an earlier date than June 10. 

streli_0-1687695962205.png

It is very important that someone can help me.

Thank you very much!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

Please open the file that I have attached in my last reply.

And in my opnion, I think your visualizatoin is using Date from Data table, but Date has to be from Calendar table.
Just in case, I am attaching the file again.
Thank you.

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi,

I am not sure how your datamodel looks like, but I tried to create a sample pbix file like below.

Please check the below picture and the attached pbix file.

It is for creating a measure and a visualization.
I hope the below can provide some ideas on how to create a solution for your datamodel.

Jihwan_Kim_0-1687698063876.png

Jihwan_Kim_1-1687698438826.png

Expected result measure: =
VAR _currentdate =
    MAX ( 'Calendar'[Date] )
VAR _expirydate =
    SUMMARIZE (
        FILTER ( ALL ( Data ), Data[ExpiryDate] >= _currentdate ),
        'Calendar'[Date]
    )
RETURN
    CALCULATE (
        SUM ( Data[UnitSold] ),
        WINDOW ( 1, ABS, 0, REL, _expirydate, ORDERBY ( 'Calendar'[Date], ASC ) )
    )

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Hi Jihwan_Kim, unfortunately I can't attach a .pbix file, but I'm trying to show you that I failed:

streli_0-1687784984018.pngstreli_1-1687785052285.png

Unfortunately, the DAX formula included the 10 volumes of June 7 (expiry date June 8 ) and the 10 volumes of June 8 ( expiry date June 8 ) in the sum of June 9, although it should not have done so, because the rule is to exclude if expiry date < dataday...

Hi,

Could you please check the below measure, just in case if I understood your question correctly?

Expected result measure: =
VAR _currentdate =
    MAX ( 'Calendar'[Date] )
VAR _expirydate =
    FILTER ( ALL ( Data ), Data[ExpiryDate] >= _currentdate )
RETURN
    IF (
        NOT ISBLANK ( [Unit sold measure:] ),
        SUMX ( FILTER ( _expirydate, Data[Date] <= _currentdate ), Data[UnitSold] )
    )

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Hi Jihwan_Kim, thank you very much for your reply :), unfortunately only the volume 92 of 10 June is correct, and we see this number for every day, which is not good. But for 9 June the correct value is 71, for 8 June: 67 and for 7 June: 26 is the correct.

streli_0-1687886403529.png

Hi,

Please open the file that I have attached in my last reply.

And in my opnion, I think your visualizatoin is using Date from Data table, but Date has to be from Calendar table.
Just in case, I am attaching the file again.
Thank you.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

hi Jihwan_Kim, you are right, it works and thank you very much!!! 🙂

Hello, thank you very much for your reply :), I will let you know if it works.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors