Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

monicajsv
Frequent Visitor

Cumulative Progress

Hello,

I have a table with open issues in Jira and all issues have a creation date ("Created" column), but only some have a resolution date ("Resolved" column). I am calculating the cumulative number of open issues using the following measure:

Cumulative Issuess = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('jira-model Issue'),filter(ALLSELECTED('jira-model Issue'),'jira-model Issue'[Created]<=MAX('jira-model Issue'[Created])))

and it works perfectly!

But when I want to calculate the accumulated number of closed incidents using this measure:

Cumulative Issues Resolved = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('jira-model Issue'),filter(ALLSELECTED('jira-model Issue'),'jira-model Issue'[Resolved]<=MAX('jira-model Issue'[Resolved])))

it also counts the ones that have the resolution date field empty, How do I not count those that do not have a date because they are still open incidents?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
FreemanZ
Super User
Super User

hi @monicajsv 

because a blank value is also <MAX(...)

try like:

Cumulative Issues Resolved = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('jira-model Issue'),filter(ALLSELECTED('jira-model Issue'),'jira-model Issue'[Resolved]<=MAX('jira-model Issue'[Resolved])&&'jira-model Issue'[Resolved]<>BLANK()))

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
FreemanZ
Super User
Super User

hi @monicajsv 

because a blank value is also <MAX(...)

try like:

Cumulative Issues Resolved = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('jira-model Issue'),filter(ALLSELECTED('jira-model Issue'),'jira-model Issue'[Resolved]<=MAX('jira-model Issue'[Resolved])&&'jira-model Issue'[Resolved]<>BLANK()))

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors