Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Emilienybo
Frequent Visitor

Counting leads by created on date

Hello, 

I want to build a Power BI where we can track our generated leads. 

Im getting my data from Dynamics 365 CRM and have an individual line for each generated lead. 

I have the created date and want to make a cumultative graph, over the last three years, so we can see if we're generating more leads each year. 

Does anybody have a solution to how i can make this?

Thank you in advance, 

Emilie 🙂

7 REPLIES 7
v-xuxinyi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Emilienybo 

I added an extra line to your sample data to see the effect of the formula more clearly.

vxuxinyimsft_0-1705644762416.png

I've added a new date table for Slicer.

vxuxinyimsft_3-1705645519433.png

I created several measures as follow.

Measure = IF(
                MONTH(SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Created on])) = MONTH(SELECTEDVALUE('Month'[Month])) 
                && SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Status]) = "Open", 
)

count = COUNTX(FILTER('Table', [Measure] = 1), 'Table'[Status])

And I put the measure into the filter so that the visual only shows data where the measure is equal to 1.

vxuxinyimsft_1-1705645163499.png

vxuxinyimsft_2-1705645329785.png

Is this the result you expect?

If I've misunderstood you, please provide the results you are hoping for. Show it as a screenshot or excel. Please remove any sensitive data in advance.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Yuliax

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for your reply!
I wanted something, that looks like this

Emilienybo_0-1706080680150.png

But my issue is, that my data is bound by "Created on" date, so these numbers are created on and not the total of leads with the status "Open" for the month. 

Do you know how i can create som date data, so i can get this visualization but with the total numbers of open leads?

Thank you in advance, 

Emilie

Emilienybo
Frequent Visitor

Hello @lbendlin

Thank you for your answer!

Unfortunatly i cannot provide a direct PBIX file, as all the data is sensitive. But i have made a table, that shows the type of data i am working with, with made up data 🙂 

LeadCreated onStatus
Name 1     1/1/2023Open
Name 27/6/2023Qualified
Name 33/8/2023Disqualified
Name 410/10/2023

Open

The purpose of the visualisation would be to show all open leads on the specific month (no matter what date they are created - hence the accumulated). I think my issue is, that i keep making data that are connected to the "Created on" date, and therefore it will not show the total amount of open leads on the month......

Is the provided example enough?

- Emilie 

You need to indicate the date of the status change.

@lbendlin okay, do you know how i would do that?

Is it possible to make a calculated colum to do this? 🤔

Sorry, I can only help if you provide meaningful sample data. 

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Have a look at Quick Measures - they have templates for this.

Please provide sample data that covers your issue or question completely, in a usable format (not as a screenshot).

Do not include sensitive information or anything not related to the issue or question.

If you are unsure how to upload data please refer to https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-...

Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

Want faster answers? https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.