Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Calculating Daily Sales Goals

Our corporate sales goals are determined monthly based on number of business days in the month.  I would like to add a goal table to my model that extrapolates this to a daily goal number.  I have a date table already in my model that contains a field for working or non-working days.  Here's what I would like to do:

• Divide the monthly goal by the number of working days in a month and enter that into the daily sales goal.
  • Enter a value of 0 into the daily sales goal for non-working days

I'm relatively new to DAX, but haven't found an answer that accomplishes this so far.  Thanks in advance for your help.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Share some sample data and expected output
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is what the Excel spreadsheet showing goals looks like that I received (I modified the date columns to make it easier to link to my model for testing while I found a solution):

2020-02-05 09_32_10-Window.png

The table I'd like to create would end up looking like this (total monthly goal is divided by total of "working" days in a month):

2020-02-05 09_38_06-Window.png

The end goal is that I can create a cumulative total and measure performance to date.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors