Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Calculate ranking within context but allowing for row filtering without recalculation

Hello, I have the following table visual below and I want to slice it by Region, Industry and a range of dates that are related to each client in a table visual without Power BI recalculating the rankings, the fields ranking sales and ranking amount are dax measures:

Client ListRanking SalesRanking Amount
Client1191
Client2202
Client3213
Client4224
Client5235
Client6246
Client7257
Client8268
Client919
Client10210
Client11311
Client12412
Client13513
Client14614
Client15715
Client16816
Client17917
Client181018
Client191119
Client201220
Client211321
Client221422
Client231523
Client241624
Client251725
Client261826

So for example I want to slice so the table only returns client2 and two as follows: 

Client2202
Client3213

Currenly the table is returning: 

Client211
Client322

Is this possible to keep the desired result being able to slice using the range of dates, region and industry and keeping the ranking?
I don't want to hard code the rankings because the user may change the range of dates and we want it to recalculate but I want to be able to filter by client list column. What Dax functions can I use for the Rankx to be able to filter?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi,

I do not know how you used RANX DAX function in the measure. I assume you used ALLSELECTED DAX function.

If my assumption is correct, please try using ALL DAX function.

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much, you are right, I was using Allselected

Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi,

I do not know how you used RANX DAX function in the measure. I assume you used ALLSELECTED DAX function.

If my assumption is correct, please try using ALL DAX function.

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.