Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Calculate dynamic %change based on date slicer

Hi All,

We having Total sales Column in the database and need to find a %change in sales on the period selected.

I solve this using the following calculation,

This year Sale = calculate(sum([total sale),filter(Item,Item[Timestamp].[Year]=2019))

Last Year Sale = CALCULATE(SUM([total sale]),SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR(Item[Timestamp].[Date]))

But I need to find the dynamic %change, which depends on Date slicers selection, we use Relative Date slicer in the report,

So if we select last 1 Week on date slicer -> %change if for this selected week with last week,

if we select last 1 Month on date slicer -> %change if for this selected Month with last Month, and so on.

Please Help,

Thanks in Advance.

2 REPLIES 2
nhoward
Resolver I
Resolver I

HI @Anonymous 

Are you using a Date table?  or just the date column of your item table. 

In this instance (and almost always) a master calendar table will make the process much easier. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @nhoward,

Thank you for the quick response and your precious time,

Yes I am using the date column of the item table, and thanks for your suggestion to use separate date table, but can you please provide the measures used for to calculate %change for dates selected in Relate Date Slicer

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors