Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

emarome94
Helper I
Helper I

Assign at each calculated row a specific value - Wrong Total

Hi everyone, 

I have this situation: I'm working in PbI with a table (table 1) having a product item, customer number, and the relative revenue and quantity sold and another table which have for some customer some product item with the preivous fiscal year price (table 2). 

In summary, I need to calculate the positive impact in terms of average sales price for every customer and related item  for which an increase was negotiated, by calculateing the actual avg sales price from table 1 and picking the related old price. 

What I have done and verified was correct, it was calculating the ASP from every combination customer/item in table1 matching the negotiated customer/item in table 2 by using a combination of calculate and filter. 

Now I have an actual ASP and the total in the report table is actually the total revenue (filtered) divided by the total quantity (filtered). So, what I have to do is assign for every row (combination customer/item) the old price list in table number 2.

I tried do an average of the old price list and then calculate the average in the same filter context of the revenue and quantity from table 1 but I obtain a misleading value as total even if the value for every row are correct. This passage is actually important because if I want to calculate the impact of the variance of ASP the total would be wrong. 

Can somebody help me on this? 

Thank you very much in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @emarome94,

According to your description, it sounds like a measure total level calculation issue that often mentions in the community.
Normally it was caused by expressions that were calculated with multiple aggregations, the expression will calculate on the summarized table records instead of calculating with detail level and summary of these results.
For this scenario, Greg has shared a lot of related blogs. you can reference the following link to know more about these and learn how to use summarize function to handle this.

Measure Totals, The Final Word  

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @emarome94,

According to your description, it sounds like a measure total level calculation issue that often mentions in the community.
Normally it was caused by expressions that were calculated with multiple aggregations, the expression will calculate on the summarized table records instead of calculating with detail level and summary of these results.
For this scenario, Greg has shared a lot of related blogs. you can reference the following link to know more about these and learn how to use summarize function to handle this.

Measure Totals, The Final Word  

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.