Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

jrholden25

1 Slicer for multiple columns that have the same values

Hello, I have a table that displays inventory transfer data. It a has 4 columns (Location 1, Location 2, Transaction #, and Inventory Value $). I am trying to build a dashboard that allows the user to select a location and have two seperate tables:

1. Transfer-Ins for the Selected Location.

2. Transfer-Out of the Selected Location.

As the dashboard currently sits the the user has to choose the selected location in two slicers. The first slicer filters the Transfer Out Matrix (Filters column Location 1) by the selected location.  The second slicer filters the transfer-in Matrix (Filters column Location 2) by the selected location. Each Matrix only interacts with one slicer. I am trying to think of a way to only have one slicer that filters both columns by the same value. Any Help is appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1
jrholden25

After working on this more today I think I am close, yet so far. I wrote the following measure:

Inv Value 2nd Table = Calculate(
Sum(LOC_TRANSFR_OUT[INV_VALUE]),
FIlter(All(LOC_TRANSFR_OUT[LOCATION_1]), LOC_TRANSFR_OUT[LOCATION_1] = "30426" - (This is the location selected in LOCATION 2 Slicer.)

This worked! i could see total amount transferred out of 30426 and to which Location the transfers went to by adding Location 2 as rows. Yay! Since it worked i figured oh great now all i have to do is make the complete formula dynamic by writing a formula that pulls the location # from the Location 2 slicer as a value. I wrote the following formula which should pull the "30426".

Inv Value 2nd Table = Calculate(
Sum(LOC_TRANSFR_OUT[INV_VALUE]),
FIlter(All(LOC_TRANSFR_OUT[LOCATION_1]), LOC_TRANSFR_OUT[LOCATION_1] = MIN(LOC_TRANSFR_OUT[LOCATION_2])))

This formula only partially works. It gave me total transfers amount I was looking for, but the table refuses to show me which location the transfers are going to (Location 2). It makes no sense since the first formula worked, and this is essentially the same thing. Did i break Power BI because these two formulas should yield the same result?

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Kudoed Authors