Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nandulila

How can I create a line chart of sales from 7 am to 7 am?

Hi everyone,
this is my first time in this forum.
I am doing my internship on a concerthall where I have been asked to create a dashboard that shows the key metrics of the F&B team. Currently I am trying to create a visual of the sales per concert, after analyzing the sales of a concert I noticed that people still buy drinks after 12 am but in the visual the time runs from 12 am to 11:59 pm. I am currently looking to create one that starts from 7 am to 6:59 am (since the venue can have concerts from 8 pm to 2 pm but also events from 10 am to 4 pm). I tried already creating a time table starting from 7 am, also making new measures but unfortunalely I haven't had luck. Could someone explain me step by step what I should do in this situation, I am really lost.

If there is anything else that I need to provide do not doubt to contact me.

Thanks in advance!

nandulila_0-1713877897133.pngnandulila_1-1713877967729.png

nandulila_2-1713878066215.png

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Read about how to sort a column by another column. Add a sort column that is shifted by 7 hours and then sort your hour column by that new column. You'll need to add the column further upstream to avoid circular dependencies.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.