Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data Values not Matching

Hello, Seeking an answer to my current issue/s i'm facing. not sure if anyone has experience this before.

For context:
My Power BI Report is connected to a PBI Finance Dataset. now, i changed the data source from PBI Finance Dataset to "PBI Finance Dataset - Dataflow".

now, the issues are, some visualls are not properly representing the data, and error says about the Customer Details Table

In the PBI Finance Dataset - Dataflow (which is the new data source), relationships and calculation is the same with PBI Finance Dataset (Old).

-error says, Customer Name in the Customer Details Table details not found. so the workaround i have made is, instead of 'Customer Name' i used the "Name" column in the Customer Details Table (which is fine because it represents same data in the old data source which is the PBI Finance Dataset)

- PBI Finance Dataset DAX was Distinctcount(CustomerDetails[Customer Name]) vs. PBI Finance Dataset - Dataflow, Distinctcount(CustomerDetails[Name])  - I now iused the 'Name' Columns since it is the same with the old datasource.

Now, I still don't get the exact match for this visual (Old Data source showing 238 while the New Data source showing 3,000 customers) even the logics are the same, and relationship has been established as well.

Appreciate your help if i missed anything on this process. thank you!Data Values not Matching

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

That question needs to be directed at the developer of the dataset and the dataflow.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors