Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

beteregeuse
Regular Visitor

Combo chart with multiple line charts and can be filtered by column legend

Hello Power BI expert and user!

I am new to making a dashboard with Power BI, so I am still lacking many parts and right now, I am struggling to remake this chart (it's the one I made with Excel).

beteregeuse_0-1687247895242.png

I am so sorry because my data is using Indonesian words. Here I try to explain how actually my data is.

So, I have a table (Table 1) containing these columns:
1. id_komoditas_nk: it's just a unique value for each row
2. id_kota: id_city

3. id_komoditas: id_commodity for each commodity

4. nk_dasar: nk stands for consumption value and nk_dasar is the base for consumption value, which took from the year 2018. It means that the nk_dasar for 2019-2023 is the same as the value from nk_dasar from 2018.

5. tanggal: date that actually contains month and year because my data is updating monthly.

6. nk: consumption value monthly

7. ihk: cpi (consumer price indeks)

8. inflasi_mtm: inflation month to month

9. inflasi_yoy: inflation year on year

10. you can ignore the sumbangan_mtm and sumbangan_yoy columns.

beteregeuse_1-1687247917844.png

And I join Table 1 with Table 2 which contains the information for each id_commodity. The table looks like this.

beteregeuse_2-1687247931237.png

So, each id_commodity will be nested to kelompok_komoditas (commodity_group) and sub_kelompok_komoditas (sub_commodity_group).
For example:
id_commodity 101001 (BERAS/RICE), 101011 (MIE KERING INSTANT/INSTANT NOODLE), 102002 (AYAM/CHICKEN) nested in commodity_group: MAKANAN, MINUMAN, TEMBAKAU or in English FOOD, DRINK, TOBACCO and sub_commodity_group: MAKANAN or in English FOOD.

I want to actually make a combo chart from those data. The column chart (bar chart) presents the information on yoy inflation for one commodity_group and the line charts will present the information on yoy inflation for sub_commodity_group. So, the line charts are more than one and I know if I want to show inflation, I should make a calculation through DAX.

So, I just want you to help me make that combo chart with NK value only. I just want to know that is it possible to remake the chart I made in Excel?

I also attach my pbix from the Google Drive link since the message board doesn't allow me to attach pbix file. I really need your guidance expert! Thank you so much in advance.
Here's the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/19wTHX7nhUO8sZpT0PywKoI59ibIZMLvW/view?usp=sharing 

p.s.: I also need to can filter the chart based on commodity_group. So, whenever I filtered commodity_group, the line charts of sub_commodity_groups are also changing.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.