Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

IM_1690
Frequent Visitor

Automatically add a new table to my power bi report once new line item is added to the table

Hi,

I want to automatically add a new table to my reports once new line item is added to the table.

Example- 

My Data looks like below 

ProductValueQty
A110
B320

Power Bi Should show tables like below 

Product       A
Value1
Qty10

Product         B
Value3
Qty20

later if a new product C is added power bi should automatically show the table for that.

Thanks 

1 REPLY 1
dm-p
Super User
Super User

Hi @IM_1690,

It's not possible to add controls/visuals automatically based on dimension values and is a great scenario for small multiples but Power BI unfortunately doesn't support that.

I also think that your current approach will mean your use case won't scale particularly well. For example, the report canvas is set to a fixed height and will not scroll without manual intervention. I just did a quick test and with the default canvas size, I can add 6 and a half tables in this format and then I run out of room.

My suggestion - particularly if new product data is coming in - would be to use a matrix, with the fields set up as follows:

image.png

Then, in the Values menu set Show on Rows to On, which will place the measures underneath the product heading, e.g.:

image.png

Now, if a new product arrives in your dataset, this will be appended ito this layout, e.g.:

image.png

Keeping it within a single container also provides the ability for the user to scroll taller matrices if a lot of products start to accumulate.

If you absolutely must do it the way you want, then you'll need to look into developing a custom visual to do it, and If you're looking for someone to develop the visual for you, there are a number of consulting services on AppSource that you may be able to engage with.

I hope that you find some of this useful in solving your challenge. Good luck!

Daniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors