Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

db042190
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

pbi vs ssrs in creating visuals for a web page

Hi.   it was tough deciding which forum to post to.  We have visuals that we know ssrs and pbi would have no problem rendering.  But they have to be rendered as/in part of an (aspx) web page.  So we dont know whether pbi or ssrs is the best choice. 

I may be wrong but i believe (i took the course years ago) embedded is a feature you use to embed .net into pbi visuals to make them more powerful.   And we dont need that.  I dont think its for embedding visuals into web pages.  But i suspect power apps has something for doing the latter.

ive seen rdlc .net classes hydrated from what mostly looks like an ssrs rdl equivalent.  Maybe thats the way to go?

and i've never seen the code but i believe using a link to ssrs's report manager, we can "embed" an ssrs rendering inside a web page also.

can the community give us some direction?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @db042190 

What you are looking for is to use power bi embedded, which allows you to embed reports or even individual visuals into a web page. Here are more details.Frequently asked questions about Power BI embedded analytics - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @db042190 

What you are looking for is to use power bi embedded, which allows you to embed reports or even individual visuals into a web page. Here are more details.Frequently asked questions about Power BI embedded analytics - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors